Van Gogh Reproductions: Starry Night and Sunflowers

I did two painting reproductions in one session: one of Vincent van Gogh's Sunflowers (8x10" canvas sheet, 1.5 hours), and van Gogh's famous Starry Night (8x10" canvas board, 1 hour speed painting).

This is the first time I painted van Gogh sunflowers. One of his sunflower paintings is in the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It is an impressively large canvas that catches your eye as soon as you walk into the room with its vivid colors, stark contrasts, complementary colors, and the thick impasto forming all the parts of the flowers that jut out toward you. The first time I reproduced the Starry Night was on a 16 by 20 canvas for my sister, this little one is for me. I could have perfected the details and added more of his signature brushstrokes but the goal was to finish it in one hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment